Thursday, October 1, 2020

Change

13 years ago when I joined Siemens Healthcare as a fresher, many people asked if I had studied medicine to work for a healthcare company. I used to tell them that its just like developing software for a game or a bank, here we just develop software for hospitals.

During one of these initial days, the management team visited from Germany and in one of the sessions we were shown the scans of a cancer patient, before and after the radiation treatment. He explained how the tumor has visibly reduced with the treatment and the patient was recovering from a critical disease. Radiation treatment was performed by our product- Particle Therapy Treatment Planning System- the software product for which I have also contributed in my limited capacity. That was one of the defining moments for me, I left that session with a renewed sense of purpose and responsibility.

Since then, I wrote every piece of code or design that I create with utmost care and passion, knowing fully well that, what I do today has a direct impact on peoples lives.

6 years later when I joined Philips, it did not feel like cheering for the other side, because I was aware that my job is touching people's life and that is all that mattered. I ran away from bigger responsibilities in Siemens, because I thought I am not ready, what if I fail. While joining Philips I thought myself as a fresher still, but Philips pushed me to new responsibilities trusting my capabilities. 

But change is always good and change is what is needed the most at present. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your valuable piece of thought here!!